Design and implementation of secure embedded devices for smartbuilding useful for the development of the project "S2D - Securing Smartbuilding Devices"
- Design and implementation of secure embedded devices for smartbuilding useful for the development of the project "S2D - Securing Smartbuilding Devices"
The current market trend highlights how smartbuilding devices must be able to interact and inter-operate with each other and be controllable remotely through the Internet.
This scenario increases the attack surface of the systems, attracting potential remote attackers and not only with physical access, and opens the way to new technological and commercial perspectives.
The S2D project aims to identify new market strategies made possible by the connectivity between devices and at the same time to develop the security technologies necessary to protect against cyber attacks.
The project idea consists in the development of new generation platforms that constitute the technological core of the devices developed by the project partners, compatible with the highest standards of cybersecurity and designed to implement very innovative solutions to defend against cyber-attacks.
The main activities of the project are:
1. Verification of firmware executed on microcontroller and microprocessor using state of the art techniques
2. Extension of communication protocols between the distributed embedded elements of the system
3. Set-up of systems for functionality testing
4. Modeling of systems for use with simulation tools
Funds: assigned and managed by the department
CSS e script comuni siti DOL - frase 9957