Observation of business processes, with objective guarantees of privacy protection, for the prevention of errors and risk situations in an automatic manner at the time of Industry 4.0 (OPERA 4.0)
- Observation of business processes, with objective guarantees of privacy protection, for the prevention of errors and risk situations in an automatic manner at the time of Industry 4.0 (OPERA 4.0)
- Starting date
- January 1, 2021
- Duration (months)
- Managers or local contacts
- Business process model, Privacy by design, Digital twin, Industrial Internet of Things, Property mining, Visual computing, Neural network, Edge computing, Real-time localization and tracking, Brain-computer interface, EEG
The project proposes to develop an industrial monitoring system compliant with privacy regulations and aimed at preventing human errors and dangerous conditions. The main feature is a multidisciplinary approach whose innovative elements are:
1. Formal definition of the business process for a priori analysis of all possible behaviors of people and their interactions with objects and machinery. The purpose of this pre-operational analysis is to discover the vulnerabilities of the business process and to distinguish the critical behaviors that will then be monitored in the operational phase, generating reports to prevent production errors or health risks.
2. Application of intelligent sensors to the aforementioned monitoring: artificial vision, detection of conditions of fatigue and deconcentration using wearable devices, real-time localization of people and objects in the workplace.
3. Evaluation, using formal techniques, of the impact on privacy of the monitoring actions of the business process both in the design phase of the control system and during its operation.
The young researchers employed in the project will integrate the results obtained on a concrete demonstrator in the context of Industry 4.0 in close synergy with three partner companies interested in the application of their technologies in the field of industrial monitoring and safety at work.
Funds: assigned and managed by the department
Syllabus: ENTI.RIC - Finanziamento da enti vari per la ricerca
CSS e script comuni siti DOL - frase 9957