- Wroclaw Polytechnic University (Poland)
Thursday, November 21, 2019
Title: Anomalous diffusion and applications to molecular biology
Instructor: Prof Michal Balcerek (WPU Wroclaw)
Date, place: 21-26 November, Ca' Vignal 2
Note: for interested students, the instructor will present Wroclaw Polytechnic University, our new Erasmus+ partner and ECMI (European Consortium for Mathematics in Industry) educational center partner
1) Introduction to stable random variables, random vectors and stochastic processes.
2) Methods of simulation, estimation and hypotheses testing.
3) Models and applications suitable for molecular biology (e.g. Brownian motion, fractional Brownian motion, alpha-stable Levy processes).
4) Laboratory session: application to real data sets.
21/11 13.30-16.00 Meeting Room 2nd floor Ca' Vignal 2
22/11 15.20-17.00 Laboratory Alpha
25/11 13.40-15.20 Aula M
26/11 13.40-15.20 Laboratory Alpha
contact person: Giandomenico Orlandi