|Teoria||5||II semestre||Mariano Ceccato|
|Laboratorio||1||II semestre||Mariano Ceccato|
The course covers the main methodologies and technologies to identify and mitigate cyber-attacks to IoT software systems.
At the end of the course, the student shall prove to know the main classes of vulnerabilities and attacks that threaten the security of these systems, and to know the technical and organizational countermeasures that can be adopted to mitigate the risks of such attacks. This knowledge shall allow the student to define software architectures that guarantee the security of IoT software systems.
The course program includes the following topics:
• Introduction: planning for IoT Security, IoT system and security life cycle.
• IoT security fundamentals: building blocks of IoT, IoT hierarchy, attack target, layered security tiers.
• IoT security standard and best practices: standards for data modeling and services, communication protocols, security standards and guidelines
• IoT secure architecture design: X-centric approach, lambda architectures, reference architectures, approaches to IoT security architecture, software-defined networking (SDN) and network function virtualization (NFV)
• Security services: identity, access control, authentication, authorization.
• Threat defense: network address translation, packet filtering, network firewall, intrusion detection, persistent threats analysis, malware protection, DNS-based security.
• Data protection: data lifecycle, authorization, authentication, confidentiality, integrity, availability, non-repudiation.
• Remote access: virtual private network, IPsec, Internet Key Exchange.
• Discussion of case studies.
The student will be evaluated with an oral exam and with the lab activity.
|Teoria||Anthony Sabella; Rik Irons-Mclean; Marcelo Yannuzzi||Orchestrating and Automating Security for the Internet of Things (Edizione 1)||Cisco Press||2018||978-1-58714-503-2|
|Laboratorio||Anthony Sabella; Rik Irons-Mclean; Marcelo Yannuzzi||Orchestrating and Automating Security for the Internet of Things (Edizione 1)||Cisco Press||2018||978-1-58714-503-2|