|Monday||3:30 PM - 6:30 PM||lesson||Lecture Hall H|
|Wednesday||4:30 PM - 6:30 PM||lesson||Lecture Hall H|
The course provides the fundamental knowledge of Electromagnetism and Optics in Classical Physics aimed at: 1) achieving a deep level of understanding of the physical principles and phenomena illustrated during the course, rigorous in the theoretical aspects, 2) making the student familiar with the mathematical formalism that allows the modeling of these phenomena, 3) providing methodologies for solving an applied problem in the field.
At the end of the course the student will have: 1) solid knowledge of the fundamental physical laws of the electrical and magnetic phenomena, 2) ability in modeling a physical phenomena by determining the validity of known relations, 3) ability in applying the theory to different framework for solving problems in rigorous way and with a scientific method.
- Electric charges, Coulomb law, electrostatic field, electrostatic potential, electric dipole, Gauss theorem, Poisson equation, Laplace equation, conductors in equilibrium, capacitance
- Dielectrics, polarization
- Electric current, classic model of conduction, Ohm law, resistors, Kirchoff laws, elementary circuits
- Magnetic field, Lorentz force, magnetic properties of matter, Laplace laws, Ampere law,
- Electromagnetic induction, Faraday law, Maxwell equations
- Electromagnetic waves, electromagnetic spectrum
- Principles of optics
|P. Mazzoldi, M. Nigro, C. Voci||Elementi di Fisica Vol. 2 - Elettromagnetismo e Onde (Edizione 2)||EdiSES||2007||9788879594783|
Students that have passed the written examination can benefit, if they wish, of an oral examination in order to complement the test.
Written examination will consist in:
1) problems of electromagnetism
2) theoretical questions.