The course objective is to give students a few advanced concepts of robotics and teleoperation, building on the basic knowledge acquired in the "Non-visual Interaction" course. Lectures will be given in a seminar form, to simplify student interaction and involvement.
Some of the advanced topics that will be addressed during the course include:
- manipulator dynamics and modeling algorithms
- motion control (independent PD, PD+gravity compensation)
- force control (force and impedance)
- passivity theory
- advanced algorithms for teleoperation (hybrid, passivity)
- communication time delay compensation
- motion planning algorithms
- use of numerical simulation methods in robotics.
The exam will consist of a project addressing some topics discussed during the course.