The aim of this course is to provide to the students the physiological bases to understand: a) the biophysical properties of the plasma membrane and the principles of cell excitability, nerve conduction and synaptic transmission; b) how the nervous system acquires and processes sensory information and how it plans and executes the movement; c) the functional organization of cardiovascular, respiratory, renal, and endocrine system.
• Biophysics of cell membranes: resting membrane potential, equilibrium potential, and action potential.
• Anatomical and functional organization of the nervous system. Electrical and chemical synapses. Inhibitory and excitatory synapses.
• Sensation and sensory processing: somatic sensory, visual, auditory and chemosensory system.
• Movement and its central control: motor system and motor control.
• Learning and memory. Plasticity of the nervous system.
• Visceral motor system and physiological bases of cardiovascular, respiratory and renal system.
• Principles of endocrinology.
Written and oral examination.
Strada le Grazie 15
VAT number 01541040232
Italian Fiscal Code 93009870234
© 2021 | Verona University | Credits