Admission to the Doctoral program
Admission of foreign candidates is based on the evaluation of an
application package containing the items detailed in the following (for
both Italian and foreign candidates):
The Call for Applications (bando per l'ammissione) to the 28th PhD cycle is available on the university's website.
- A curriculum vitae (CV) written in English and including all
information that the candidate deems useful for the purpose of the
admission procedure. The CV must include a complete description of all
university degrees that the candidate already has, at both the
undergraduate and graduate levels, including for each degree:
- duration of the course of study and final grade, if
- a list of courses, including for each course a brief
summary of the program and the final grade;
- a list of significant projects, especially final projects
developed to achieve the degree, if applicable (e.g., master
project in master programs without thesis);
- title, summary and adviser's name of the final thesis, if
applicable (e.g., undergraduate thesis or micro-thesis or
honors thesis at the undergraduate level, master thesis, at the
- For each university degree already received by the candidate,
an official transcript of all courses/exams taken, reporting the
final grade of each exam.
- Scientific publications, if any.
- Other qualifications that the candidate considers relevant.
- Previous research experiences, duly certified.
- A motivation letter by the candidate (in which the candidate
details their scientific and scholarly interests and motivation to
pursue graduate education at the Doctoral level).
- Two presentation/reference letters (possibly released by
professors of the university/universities that conferred the academic
title/titles. The letters should be on official paper and enclosed in
sealed envelopes, signed by the author across the seal.
The application deadline for the next cycle is August 24, 2012.
The Oral examination (on topics in the field of computer science in
order to assess the candidates attitude for research) will take place on
October 22, 2012.
For Foreign/Italian Candidates not resident in Italy, the Oral
examination may take place in video conference call upon request by the
candidate. In such case, the candidate must also include in the request
an e-mail address and a skype contact to be used for the examination.
For information about applications contact the coordinator of the PhD
Program in Computer Science (Prof. Luca Viganò) at the address
luca dot vigano at univr dot it, where dot and at should be replaced by
the appropriate symbols.