The course will treat the fundamental concepts of mathematical analysis: the aim is to provide a bet- ter consciousness of the analytic methods in view of applications of analysis.
At the end of the course, the students shall prove of being able:
to apply mathematical analysis techniques to the solution of problems about functions, derivatives, integrals and series also in different contexts even not strictly mathematical;
to apply mathematical analysis techniques to solution of problems;
to choose among the various techniques the one better suited to the problem at hand;
to describe the solution of a problem employing correct terminology;
to widen their knowledge starting from what they learned.
Curves and tangents
Study of functions
|Serge Lang||A first course in calculus (Edizione 5)||Springer||1986||0-387-96201-8|
The written exam consists in discussing a topic from a theoretical point of view and in solving some exercises on the topics of the course.
The complete solution of the exercises leads to a grade not higher than 21/30.
• Knowledge and understanding: comprehension of the text of the problems and mastering of the theory behind them.
• Applying knowledge and understanding: ability to apply the general techniques to a specific problem
• Making judgements: ability to express the learned theoretical concepts in varied situations
• Communication skills: language clarity and appropriateness
• Learning skills: ability to structure a proof different from those presented during the course
Strada le Grazie 15
VAT number 01541040232
Italian Fiscal Code 93009870234
© 2020 | Verona University | Credits