Introduction to the historical axiomatization of Euclidean geometry, comparing it with the modern axiomatizations, in particular Hilbert's.
Axiom of parallels
Erlangen program and models of geometries
Seminar presentation of a topic in line with the course, for instance a geometric system alternative to the Euclidean-Hilbertian or the analysis of the consequences of different axioms.
Criteri di valutazione:
• Knowledge and understanding: understanding of the axiomatic approach and knowledge of the presented theory.
• Applying knowledge and understanding: ability to apply the axiomatic method to different situations.
• Making judgements: ability to synthesize from various sources.
• Communication skills: language clarity and appropriateness.
• Learning skills: ability to read texts chosen in autonomy.
Strada le Grazie 15
VAT number 01541040232
Italian Fiscal Code 93009870234
© 2020 | Verona University | Credits