The course objective is to give students a few advanced concepts of robotics and teleoperation. Lectures will be given in a seminar form, to simplify student interaction and involvement. During the lab activities, students will learn how to implement advanced algorithms using the Robot Operating System (ROS).
At the end of the course, the students will be able to
- design a controller for electromechanical systems (e.g. electric motor),
- develop and implement advanced algorithms for bilateral teleoperation in ROS.
THEORY. Some of the advanced topics that will be addressed during the course include:
- manipulator dynamics
- motion control (PID)
- force control (force and impedance)
- passivity theory
- advanced algorithms for teleoperation
- communication time delay compensation
- Tuning of PID controller
- Implementation of velocity estimators
- Data-driven system identification
- Implementation of bilateral teleoperation algorithms
TEACHING AIDS: During the course, lecture notes, slides and scientific papers will be provided.
The exam will consist of a project addressing some topics discussed during the course.
Data from AA 2017/2018 are not available yet
Strada le Grazie 15
VAT number 01541040232
Italian Fiscal Code 93009870234
© 2017 | Verona University | Credits