The course objective is to give students the mathematical tools required for the analysis and modeling of linear, time-invariant (LTI) systems, and of the input/output signals to an LTI system. The model will allow students to study the main system properties and to address the general concepts of controller and filters to perform simple control actions on the dynamic system and filter operations on the input/output signals.
The mathematical tools will be based on analysis methods in the time domain, as well as of the complex variables s, z and the frequency of the input/output signals. Analysis and synthesis will be carried out both for continuous and discrete time systems and signals. The theoretical concepts acquired during the course will be consolidated with exercise sessions addressing the solution of basic problems with analytical approach and with numerical simulations.
NOTE: to achieve good results in the course, students are expected to be familiar with the following concepts:
- Calculus I (concepts of differential, derivative, and function analysis)
- Calculus II (solution of differential and integral equations)
- Basics of complex number analysis
- Physics I and II (basic laws of rigid body dynamics and electromagnetism).
- Linear time invariant systems
- Impulse response and transfer function
- Laplace transform
- Fourier transform
- Bode diagram
- Discrete time signals and systems
- Sampling theorem
- Spectral analysis
- Performance definition of dynamical systems
- Basic concepts of controller system design
- Root Locus
- PID controller
- Controller design using PID and Root Locus
- Basic concepts of filtering
- Examples of filter design in time and frequency domains
|Dalle lezioni||Appunti dalle lezioni||2018|
|Di Stefano, Stubberud, Williams||Regolazione Automatica||Schaum -- Etas||1974|
|M.E. Valcher||Segnali e Sistemi||Ediitrice Progresso||2002|
The exam consists of written and oral tests. The validity of the written test is one year, within which the student can take the oral test, on an appointment basis. During the course two optional intermediate written tests will be offered, that can replace, in full or partially, the written test.
Strada le Grazie 15
VAT number 01541040232
Italian Fiscal Code 93009870234
© 2020 | Verona University | Credits