|Tuesday||4:30 PM - 6:30 PM||lesson||Lecture Hall M||from Mar 1, 2016 to Mar 7, 2016|
|Tuesday||4:30 PM - 6:30 PM||lesson||Laboratory Laboratorio Ciberfisico||from Mar 15, 2016 to Jun 10, 2016|
|Thursday||1:30 PM - 3:30 PM||lesson||Laboratory Laboratorio Ciberfisico||from Apr 14, 2016 to Jun 10, 2016|
|Thursday||3:30 PM - 6:30 PM||lesson||Laboratory Laboratorio Ciberfisico|
The course deals with Physics themes that are fundamental for the scientific training of the future School teachers by means of a guided training module in which in addition to the excecution of simple experiments, particular attention is devoted to the preparation of the experiments themselves (e.g. Experiment Description Sheet), the physical set up of the experiments (with different materials and instruments), the definition and the comparison of the experimental methods and procedures, the analysis and the discussion of the experimental data, and the preparation of laboratory and teaching reports.
Students are guided to experiments and design instruction strategies aimed at helping high school pupils in understanding physics. They acquire familiarity with both traditional and new teaching tools and multimedia and technologies.
- Errors theory and basics of Mechanics
- Electricity and Circuits
- Geometrical optics fundamentals
- Principles of wave optics
- Thormology and calorimetry
- Creation of a setup for experiments
- Preparation of laboratory sheets
- Analysis of the experimental data
- Hooke law
- Deviation and distribution of forces in simple machines
- simple pendulum (g determination)
- Geometrical optics
- Wave optics (interference and diffraction )
|Paolo Fornasini||The Uncertainty in Physical Measurements (An introduction to data analysis in the Physics Laboratory)||Springer||2008||9780387786490|
During the exam, students must show that:
- they know and understand the fundamental concepts of Experimental Error Theory, measurements instruments and experimental methodology
- they have a good capability of realizing an experiment
- they are able to analyse and discuss experimental data in a Laboratory Report.
The exam consists of an oral examination and in a written part. This last is a Laboratory Report on one of the experiments performed during the year. The admission to the oral exam is subject to the approval of the written test.