|Wednesday||4:30 PM - 6:30 PM||lesson||Lecture Hall I|
|Friday||10:30 AM - 12:30 PM||lesson||Lecture Hall G|
|Friday||12:30 PM - 1:30 PM||laboratorio||Laboratory Alfa|
This course has the aim to provide students with the concepts and methodologies for the design and implementation of geographical and multimedia databases. In particular:
- A methodology for the conceptual modelling of a geographical database in GeoUML will be presented. GeoUML is a conceptual model for the design of spatial databases compatible with the ISO standards 19100.
- The mappings of a GeoUML conceptual schema onto geo-relational databases will be illustrated. Moreover, an extended version of the relational algebra for querying a geo-relational database will be analyzed.
The program includes:
- object oriented databases: ODMG, ODL and OQL standards
- conceptual modelling of an object oriented databases in UML and mapping a UML class diagram to ODL
- multimedia databases: representation, management and querying multimedia datasets
- geographical databases: spatial data characteristics and spatial relations
- conceptual modelling of geographical databases: the GeoUML model.
- logical modelling of geographical databases: mapping rules from GeoUML towards geo-relational models (Simple Feature Specification of OGC)
- query languages for geographical databases: a geo-relational algebra.
|P. Atzeni, S. Ceri, P. Fraternali, S. Paraboschi, R. Torlone||Basi di dati (Edizione 4)||McGraw-Hill||2014||978-88-386-6587-5|
|Lynne Dunckley||Multimedia Databases:An Object Relational Approach||Addison-Wesley||2002||0201788993|
|P. Rigaux, M. Scholl and A. Voisard||Spatial Databases with Application to GIS||Morgan Kaufmann|
|R. G. G. Cattell||The Object Data Standard: ODMG 3.0||Morgan Kaufmann||2000||1-55860-64|
The exam is composed of a single written test and eventually with a project to be implemented in the context GIS technology.