|Monday||4:30 PM - 6:30 PM||lesson||Lecture Hall I|
|Wednesday||10:30 AM - 12:30 PM||lesson||Lecture Hall G|
|Wednesday||12:30 PM - 1:30 PM||laboratorio||Laboratory Gamma||from Nov 1, 2013 to Jan 31, 2014|
This course has the aim to provide students with the concepts and methodologies for the design and implementation of geographical and multimedia databases. In particular:
- A methodology for the conceptual modelling of a geographical database in GeoUML will be presented. GeoUML is a conceptual model for the design of spatial databases compatible with the ISO standards 19100.
- The mappings of a GeoUML conceptual schema onto geo-relational databases will be illustrated. Moreover, an extended version of the relational algebra for querying a geo-relational database will be analyzed.
The program includes:
- object oriented databases: ODMG, ODL and OQL standards
- conceptual modelling of an object oriented databases in UML and mapping a UML class diagram to ODL
- multimedia databases: representation, management and querying multimedia datasets
- geographical databases: spatial data characteristics and spatial relations
- conceptual modelling of geographical databases: the GeoUML model.
- logical modelling of geographical databases: mapping rules from GeoUML towards geo-relational models (Simple Feature Specification of OGC)
- query languages for geographical databases: a geo-relational algebra.
The exam is composed of a single written test and eventually with a project to be implemented in the context GIS technology.
Strada le Grazie 15
VAT number 01541040232
Italian Fiscal Code 93009870234
© 2019 | Verona University | Credits