|Tuesday||2:30 PM - 4:30 PM||lesson||Research Laboratory Laboratorio ESD|
|Wednesday||4:30 PM - 6:30 PM||lesson||Lecture Hall I|
This class aims at providing a scientific approach to the design, implementation and verification of applications based on networked embedded systems, e.g., for building automation, factory automation, healthcare, automotive, environmental control. The class will describe the main communication protocols, design/simulation/verification methodologies as well as the design of networked control systems. The contents will be taken from state-of-the-art papers and research activities directly performed by the University of Verona.
Communication protocols for networked embedded systems
- Wireless networks
- Fieldbus networks
Methodologies for networked embedded systems
Networked control systems
- design techniques
- Node programming for sensor networks
- Example of design of a networked embedded system
- Simulation of networked embedded systems
- Examples of design of networked control systems
To attend fruitfully the class, the students should know
Computer Architectures, Computer Networks, Embedded Systems Design, System Theory, SystemC, C/C++ programming.
|Andrew S. Tanenbaum||Reti di calcolatori (Edizione 4)||Pearson - Prentice Hall||2003||8871921828|
The examination consists of:
1) written test with questions about the theory and practice part of the class
- Bibliographic research (max 2 points, no groups)
- Experimental activity (max 3 points, max 2 people)
For the project, synergies are possibles with other classes, stage and thesis.
The final result (over 30 points) is computed by summing the result of both the written test and the project.