|Monday||10:30 AM - 11:30 AM||lesson||Laboratory Alfa|
|Monday||11:30 AM - 1:30 PM||laboratorio||Laboratory Alfa|
|Monday||1:30 PM - 2:30 PM||lesson||Laboratory Alfa|
|Friday||8:30 AM - 11:30 AM||lesson||Lecture Hall F|
This class aims at providing the fundamental knowledge for the design, implementation, development, management, and maintenance of hardware and software systems in biotechnological labs, both for research and production, and clinical labs. Starting from actual case studies, the main related topics are highlighted; then, each of them is addresses in detail from a theoretical and practical perspective. Finally, workshops with external speakers allow to meet companies and institutions which use this knowledge.
Communications among systems
Methods and devices for data acquisition, storage, and visualization
- Acquisition, calibration and errors
- Storage formats
- Storage devices
- Data visualization
- Application scenarios
- Methods: bar codes, RFID, Active wireless tags
- Architecture of a tracking system
- Tools for network analysis
- Communications through Java
- Connection of services through a middleware layer.
- Visualization tools
- Example of biotech process automation (E-Wine and E-Flour projects)
- Example of biotech lab automation
- Machine virtualization and Linux setup.
To attend fruitfully the class, the students should know
Computer Architectures, Operating Systems, Database, Java programming.
|Andrew S. Tanenbaum||Reti di calcolatori (Edizione 4)||Pearson - Prentice Hall||2003||8871921828|
The examination consists of:
1) written test with questions about the theory and practice part of the class
- Bibliographic research (max 2 points, max 2 people)
- Experimental activity (max 3 points, max 3 people)
Students from Computer Science Degree must do the experimental project.
Updated list of titles on the teacher's web page.
For the project, synergies are possibles with other classes, stage and thesis.
The final result (over 30 points) is computed by summing the result of both the written test and the project.