|Unit||Credits||Academic sector||Period||Academic staff|
|Laboratorio||2||ING-INF/05-INFORMATION PROCESSING SYSTEMS||1° Q||
|Teoria||4||ING-INF/05-INFORMATION PROCESSING SYSTEMS||1° Q||
The course consists of 48 hours of lectures and practical applications. It provides the students with an introduction to the operating system programming focusing on the Unix System V and Linux environments. At the end of the course, the student will be able to implement shell scripts and C programs covering all the aspectes reported in the following program.
* Introduction to C programming:
- compiler, linker, libraries and the make program.
* Structure of a C program:
- variables, datatype, and statements
- functions and parameter passing
- I/O management
- string management
- dynamic memory allocation.
* System programming
- Intro to Unix and basic commands
- Shell and shell programming
- bash and fundamental commands
- processes and process management
- file: comp, find, and sort
- selection and iteration
- system commands
* Introduction to IPC: pipe, semaphore, shared memory, and message queues
* Introduction to threads: programming and synchronization of threads
The exam consists of solving some exercises related to system programming by means of shell scripts and/or C programs.
Strada le Grazie 15
VAT number 01541040232
Italian Fiscal Code 93009870234
© 2020 | Verona University | Credits