PhD Course on "SageMath"
- January 19th from 11.30 to 13.30 in lab Alfa
January 20th from 9.30 to 11.30 in lab Alfa
January 21st from 11.30 to 13.30 in lab Delta
January 22nd from 13.30 to 15.30 in lab Alfa
Cicli in cui è offerta
- 29° ciclo
- 30° ciclo
- 31° Ciclo
Lecturer: Prof. Péter Burcsi, Eötvös Loránd University (ELTE), Budapest, Hungary
Syllabus: We plan to cover the following topics (details depend on background of students):
- Start using SAGE: the command line and the notebook interfaces. The SAGE cloud. The help system. Start using the system for simple calculations.
- Simple datatypes: numbers, strings and booleans. Composite datatypes: lists, tuples, dictionaries,sets, vectors, matrices. Basic linear algebra.
- Basic programming constructs in SAGE/python: conditionals, loops and functions. Indentation.
- Put it all together: some simple programs in various topics: graphs, algebra, analysis and elementary number theory.
- Plotting functions, curves and geometric figures. Interactive plots.
- Some advanced mathematical topics: differential equations, abstract algebra, algebraic number theory.
- Some advanced programming concepts: object-oriented programming and functional elements in SAGE/python.
- Put it together: build a more sophisticated program solving a non-trivial task in your area of expertise.
(pdf, it, 149 KB, 13/01/16)